Join now - be part of our community!

Sony PMB Query

profile.country.en_GB.title
Skier01
Visitor

Sony PMB Query

Hi All

I have a SONY HDR-1 Handycam and have loaded PMB on to the C Drive of my laptop.  I am able to import media from the Handycam into PMB and then drag the clips into Sony Vegas to edit them before sending the completed movie to DVD Architect to burn to disc.  All works very well indeed.  My problem is that because PMB is on the C drive it is starting to take up quite a lot of disc space.  I ideally want to move it to a standalone hard drive which is where I save the completed Vegas and Architect files.  I have a couple of queries regarding moving PMB / deleting clips from it that have been used to make movies;

1.  How can I move PMB onto the standalone hard drive?

2.  When I delete clips from PMB I get a warning that they will also be deleted from the Vegas files that they are being used in.  Is it possible to stop this happening? 

Finshed movies are being saved as .WMV files on the standalone hard drive and also on to DVD.  Whilst this is fine and in theory I could then delete the clips from PMB and Vegas I want to be able to maintain the facility to burn additional DVD's if a friend wants a copy of a skiing holiday we have been on for example.  If i delete the clips in PMB and the completed Vegas files leaving only the Architect files this would work but is deleting the clips going to also remove them from DVD Architect?

Many thanks

Skier

0 REPLIES 0