Join now - be part of our community!

TD10E: Editing 3d footage on a MAC

profile.country.da_DK.title
ole.kristensen
Visitor

TD10E: Editing 3d footage on a MAC

Hi there,

I'm a mac-owner that has bought the HDR-TD10E handycam, and now I am at odds with how to edit the footage. I am very happy about using the new Final Cut Pro X, because of it's superior importing functions when using memory-based cameras. It works well with 2D footage. And it can use the 3D footage, but it will then convert it to 2D.

Until now, i have not been capable of finding a MAC workflow for the 3D AVCHD stream .MTS files.

Is Sony plannning on making a suitabe 3D plugin?

Do any have experience of a working mac-based workflow that works on a system-wide level in OS X Lion?

best / ole

p.s. i realise that i need special equipment for viewing the footage, i'm simply looking for an editing solution, that while presenting in 2D, will render without discarding the 3D information.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
Mick2011
New

Hi ole, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Have you tried 3D Toolbox? http://www.dashwood3d.com/stereo3dtoolbox.php

I'm not clear how far you've looked into this. People have had some success running Windows emulators, bootcamp, etc. but I'm not a fan myself... in many respects, there's a bit of a lag between some newly-available HD file formats and Apple/Adobe's readiness with processing and software.

My advice would be to use Disk Utilities to make Disk Image backups of your AVCHD footage for now. That way you retain the super-small file size and you can freely convert/edit a version while the Mac world plays catch-up. When it does, you can re-process :wink:

Cheers

Mick

profile.country.en_GB.title
cassoplad
Visitor

Hi Ole

I have the same problem , i have heard that there will be some software available soon , but when is anyones guess , if you find a solution just let me know , and if i do i will let you know

Thanks

Kevin