Join now - be part of our community!

Ticking sound in background when filming - HDR-CX240 HD camcorder

profile.country.IE.title
andy_from_sligo
Explorer

Ticking sound in background when filming - HDR-CX240 HD camcorder

whenever , wherever I film with my HDR CX240 camcoder when I am playing the video back, very faintly but it is there I can hear a noise like you get with old ciné film projectors (do you remember that clicking noise?)  in the quiet part of the audio - I am sure I am not going mad, its definately there , and its not interferance due to standing next to something electrical or anything or fluorescent light or anything like that. 

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @andy_from_sligo,

do you wear a mechanical watch when operating the camcorder or was a wall mounted clock in the same room?

- Nic

profile.country.IE.title
andy_from_sligo
Explorer

@IamNic wrote:

Hello @andy_from_sligo,

do you wear a mechanical watch when operating the camcorder or was a wall mounted clock in the same room?

- Nic

thanks. no to both ... its a fast clattering like a cine projector noise

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @andy_from_sligo,

would you mind uploading a sample-clip to YouTube where the sound is present?

- Nic

profile.country.IE.title
andy_from_sligo
Explorer

@IamNic wrote:

Hello @andy_from_sligo,

would you mind uploading a sample-clip to YouTube where the sound is present?

- Nic

hello - sorry for not doing this sooner. See if you can hear this annoying ticking/fluttering/twittering noise in the quiet part of this video 

.. you might have to turn up the volume fully to hear it, but its present on every video I do not just this one.  

profile.country.GB.title
CX240-USER
Explorer

I just saw your (years'-old!) question. If it's still of interest, I believe this has something to do with the camera's autofocus. If you go into the menu and switch to manual, this ticking disappears.

profile.country.IE.title
andy_from_sligo
Explorer

Thank you for that - I still have the Camcorder so next time I power it up I will give that a try thank you.