Join now - be part of our community!

Trying to convert .MTS files to .MP4 using Playmemories Home on iMac...

Hazelw00d
New

Trying to convert .MTS files to .MP4 using Playmemories Home on iMac...

Looking for some help please!

I want to upload some videos I've taken on my Sony a5000 to my Mac to edit them but they're currently .mts files which no computer will recognise. I've downloaded Playmemories Home and tried to use the tool to convert files to .mp4 however it doesn't seem to recognise these files either. The .mts movie files can't be dragged over to the conversion panel - they just bounce straight back! 

Any help would be appreciated, I don't want to have to download any conversion software - what is the point in being able to record video on this camera if I can't do anything with the videos afterwards!

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Hopefully a community member has had some experience with this.

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
Vanilla_
Contributor

Hi Hazelw00d, 

Have you tried using Imaging Edge instead of PlayMemories? You can chcek if you can download it here:https://imagingedge.sony.net/en-us/ie-desktop.html

Let us know if it makes any difference,

Vanilla_

profile.country.DE.title
darkframe
Expert

Hi @Hazelw00d,

I want to upload some videos I've taken on my Sony a5000 to my Mac to edit them but they're currently .mts files which no computer will recognise.

well, MTS files are well known and have been a standard for years meanwhile. They do contain AVCHD video and as far as I know your Mac should be able to read them using iMovie (which should be available for free for Macs). At least the A5000 is listed as being compatible here.

So my advice would be to import the videos directly from the card by means of iMovie. Converting them beforehand should not be necessary.

Cheers

darkframe

Wo kämen wir hin, wenn jeder sagte, wo kämen wir hin und keiner ginge, um zu sehen, wohin wir kämen, wenn wir gingen... (© by Kurt Marti)
profile.country.GB.title
MrDeanoss
Explorer

Hi I use Sony catalyst browse.
It will convert what you want to MP4
Its also available to download for a Mac.
Just search for sony catalyst browse and you'll find it.
Regards Dean