Join now - be part of our community!

Urgent Help Please - Sony FDR-AX43A - Brand New SD Card With Problems

Hazelwood
New

Urgent Help Please - Sony FDR-AX43A - Brand New SD Card With Problems

Hi,

When inserting a brand-new Sandisk Extreme 150mb per second 128gb V30 Class 10 card into a BRAND NEW camera, after formatting and "no problems found" as soon as I try to record in 4K, the whole reason the camera was purchased.  However, when I press record, the screen just shows a white mini image of a camera with a diagonal line in a circle next to the camera.  Within 2 seconds it shuts down and restarts the camera, with no message, indication of what i should do next etc.  When the camera turns back on the following text appears "WRITING TO THE MEMORY CARD WAS NOT COMPLETED CORRECTLY. DO YOU WANT TO RECOVER THE DATA?" then gives the options OK or CANCEL.  I've tried both options, in case but nothing changes.  Really frustrating and any help anyone can give would be gratefully received!  I need the camera to work in 4k for a job this week and am gutted after paying all this money and not knowing where to turn.... Thank you

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Hazelwood,

from your post I can see you did not perform any crosscheck yet, right? So let's say the card is broken and causes the issue - if it is the case, you can just exchange the card and it works. If not, it is most likely the camera which is at fault in which case, exchange it instead.

Also reset the camera once at least and also initialize it, to check whether it is a software issue/bug.

If there is a firmware update available, also run it for the camera.

- Nic