Join now - be part of our community!

What are all the files downloaded with video from Handycam

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
nmhandycam
Visitor

What are all the files downloaded with video from Handycam

When I download video files from my handycam HDR-CX115E to my computer, I get a whole host of folders and files downloaded. Among the files are the video files (*.MTS) and any photos (*.jpeg) Do I need to retain this folder structure and all the other files or can these all be deleted? What are these other files for?

The folder structure contains among other folders and files the following folders \ files :-

DCIM \ 101MSDCF which contains all the photos  *.jpeg files

and

PRIVATE \ AVCHD \ BDMV \ STREAM which contains all the video files *.MTS

nm37

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello nmhandycam - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

The file structure that you have described is the way that the camera stores files when they are on the handycam - this enables the CX115E to access them for playback efficiently. However, once you have moved these files onto your computer, you are free to organise them however you wish.

If you are going to be importing these video files into your own software once you get them onto your computer, you probably won't want to trawl through various folders to get to them :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello nmhandycam - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

The file structure that you have described is the way that the camera stores files when they are on the handycam - this enables the CX115E to access them for playback efficiently. However, once you have moved these files onto your computer, you are free to organise them however you wish.

If you are going to be importing these video files into your own software once you get them onto your computer, you probably won't want to trawl through various folders to get to them :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Simon