Join now - be part of our community!

What editing software....

profile.country.GB.title
MrDeanoss
Explorer

What editing software....

Good afternoon, 

Having bought my Sony HXR-MC2500 I thought it would be easy to import the footage (MTS) into my editing software....but no!! 
I use PInnacle and have even looked at upgrading to their latest version 23, but this still does not support this format.

I know its possible to convert it to MP4 etc, but it's such a drag, Is there any decent editing software out there (UK) that will accept the MTS files without conversion ?

For the time being I will just forget the AVCHD function of the camera and record with DV.

Cheers Dean

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @MrDeanoss,

I would recommend Magix Video Pro X, since it supports MTS: https://www.magix.com/gb/video/video-pro-x/

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
MrDeanoss
Explorer

Thank you Nic, I will look into it.
Why do you think it is, that it's such an unsupported format ?

Pinnacle will import the video no problem but with no sound.... It's a bit bizarre to be honest !

Dean

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @MrDeanoss,

I don't know why MTS is not supported in Pinnacle Studio - I used Corel Video Studio before, which had major issues with certain codecs - since I use Magix I never had any issues - though it costs nearly eight times as much as Corel did cost.

Magix supported codecs.Magix supported codecs.

You can double check on the website if the audio codec is supported as well - it will give you all video codecs as seen above plus all supported audio codecs.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
MrDeanoss
Explorer

Thanks Nic for that. 

Yes I find it funny that Pinnacle don't support Mts.

But why is it that it seems to have been neglected as a format by almost all of the major editing packages available? 

Also do you think that converting it to MP4 Is degrading the quality considerably?  

Regards Dean 

profile.country.GB.title
MrDeanoss
Explorer

Well I have some great news!!!

I have had a new pc built and decided to upgrade to the latest  version of pinnacle 23... and have found that it does accept MTS format perfectly. Even after being told by Pinnacle via a chat window that NONE of their products support MTS.  

Well I'm happy now. 

Thanks for all your posts. 

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @MrDeanoss,

good to hear, that you can keep using your trusted video editing software.

- Nic