Join now - be part of our community!

Which firewire to use in the Sony DCRDVD201E Camcorder?

profile.country.en_GB.title
Pandora-Enomis
Visitor

Which firewire to use in the Sony DCRDVD201E Camcorder?

Hello,

I would like to ask which firewire to use in the Sony DCR DVD 201E in order to record straight from the camcorder to a Dell laptop 1545?

Or should I use the AV cable that came with the camcorder, then buy any a USB adapter for one of the ends of the AV cable then connect it into the laptop and to record the films?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Pandora-Enomis - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

If these movies have been recorded onto DVD media in the camera, you may find it simpler overall to finalise the discs within the camera and then insert them into the laptop (if it has a DVD drive). The reason that I say this is that there can be a variety of compatibility issues with FireWire, USB and Windows and so hopefully this would be an easier solution for you.

If your situation doesn't fall into this category, please let me know more details about the various connections that are available on your laptop, your version of Windows etc.

Thanks,

Simon

profile.country.de_DE.title
cmosse
Contributor

the DCR-DVD201E does not feature iLink (firewire) ports, so you will have to use the analogue video out. There are many USB video grabbers available, which you can use to capture directly to yout laptop. Please note:

The DCR-DVD201E does not feature the USB streaming function so you cannot directly connect it to the PC via USB for capturing live video.