Join now - be part of our community!

Why are some cx730 advertised as EB rather than E for Europe

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
codanie95
Visitor

Why are some cx730 advertised as EB rather than E for Europe

Can someone help please wih some questions that I first put in the wrong forum. I hope to buy an HRD-CX730 Handycam as probably my last video camera but am not clear on some items.

1. Some cameras are advertisedas EB rather than E for Europe. Are these likely to be grey imports?

2.All my previous Handycams over the last twenty years have used iLink to download and my Pinnacle 12    requires Firewire input. The cx730 links with USB 2. How do I cope with that please?

3. I have not used HD yet. What  are the most sensible settings for 16:9 home edit please?

4. Not many people are stocking the CX730. Are there any sinister reasons for this please?

Hoping for brilliant guidance.

Regards

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mick2011
New

Hi codanie :slight_smile:

We aim for excellence; brilliance is in the eye of the beholer :wink:

1. A 'B' suffix on a Sony camera name normally denotes a black body. I wasn't aware there were any other colours available, but that's what it normally means.

2. That's an odd restriction and I'd be surprised if Pinncle couldn't use the USB connection from the CX730. However if it is a problem, you could download using the bundled Sony video software and import to Pinnacle from your hard drive instead.

3. Sensible settings, IMHO, would be shooting 720p – more manageable, smaller files, faster processing. However, if you intend regular viewing on a very large high resolution screen, you should probably shoot at the highest possible quality settings. In truth, if you have the storage space and the computing power there's nothing wrong with keeping everything set to the max; it's not a reckless waste by any means and arguably keeps your options open for later editing.

4. No idea why they're hard to find, other than being a more expensive and hence sold in smaller quantities. Maybe because they're very popular and some places have sold out :thinking:

Cheers

Mick

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Mick2011
New

Hi codanie :slight_smile:

We aim for excellence; brilliance is in the eye of the beholer :wink:

1. A 'B' suffix on a Sony camera name normally denotes a black body. I wasn't aware there were any other colours available, but that's what it normally means.

2. That's an odd restriction and I'd be surprised if Pinncle couldn't use the USB connection from the CX730. However if it is a problem, you could download using the bundled Sony video software and import to Pinnacle from your hard drive instead.

3. Sensible settings, IMHO, would be shooting 720p – more manageable, smaller files, faster processing. However, if you intend regular viewing on a very large high resolution screen, you should probably shoot at the highest possible quality settings. In truth, if you have the storage space and the computing power there's nothing wrong with keeping everything set to the max; it's not a reckless waste by any means and arguably keeps your options open for later editing.

4. No idea why they're hard to find, other than being a more expensive and hence sold in smaller quantities. Maybe because they're very popular and some places have sold out :thinking:

Cheers

Mick

codanie95
Visitor

Hi Mick 2011

I hoped for and got brilliant advice. Thank You.

I will look into the Sony software for the files to PC and then opening titles from that to Pinnacle. It doubles the time (but I don't have to watch it) and gets around the lack of a firewire link.

I wondered if B was for black and good to have confirmation.

Your views on stocks of CX730s was the nicer of the two possible answers and I will watch and wait.

kindest regards