Join now - be part of our community!

Why can't I use Scene Selection on my sony HDR-cx350VE Camera

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
pafellis
Visitor

Why can't I use Scene Selection on my sony HDR-cx350VE Camera

I want to be able to record night scenes -usually in a greenish hue.  When I press on Scene selection it advises me that it is not currently available.  How can I get this

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mick2011
New

Hi pafellis, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

The recording mode I think you're looking for is Nightshot, which uses a camera-emitted infrared output to record monochrome footage in the customary green-hued 'night vision' style.

I'm afraid this isn't available on the CX350VE. There is a Night Scene scene mode which will record normally-illuminated subjects in very low light, but this is a different recording method entirely, and produces a full-colour image.

Scene selection may not be available in some shooting modes. If you have Intelligent Auto selected, the camera is programmed to automatically select the best Scene setting(s) for the conditions.

Cheers

Mick

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Mick2011
New

Hi pafellis, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

The recording mode I think you're looking for is Nightshot, which uses a camera-emitted infrared output to record monochrome footage in the customary green-hued 'night vision' style.

I'm afraid this isn't available on the CX350VE. There is a Night Scene scene mode which will record normally-illuminated subjects in very low light, but this is a different recording method entirely, and produces a full-colour image.

Scene selection may not be available in some shooting modes. If you have Intelligent Auto selected, the camera is programmed to automatically select the best Scene setting(s) for the conditions.

Cheers

Mick