Join now - be part of our community!

Wireless flash control +

profile.country.en_GB.title
stlefle52
Visitor

Wireless flash control +

Can a Sony HVL-F20AM flashgun be used (on an alpha 900 or alpha 77) to control wirelessly a remote Minota 5600HS(D) flash?

PS How can one update address details on the Sony website if one only has a house name NOT a number?

4 REPLIES 4
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello stlefle52 - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

To the best of my knowledge, the HVL-F20AM can be used as a wireless flash controller on the A900 but not the A77. You may find that on the A77, the wireless flash is triggered by using the built-in flash but I don't think it will be triggered by the HVL-F20AM.

Also, regarding the address details, if you are unable to update these online you may need to contact customer services by telephone or email. Full contact details for this are available here:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/contacts/dime

Thanks,

Simon

Message was edited by: blaireau_photo

stlefle52
Visitor

Thanks Simon.

Today I took delivery of an A77 & the remote Minolta flash works fine when triggered by the A77 internal flash.

Alas I still cannot persuade it to be triggered by the F20am on the A900.

Steve

profile.country.de_DE.title
cmosse
Contributor

The Minolta 5600 HS(D) has to be set to "channel 1" which is done in the custom menu.

Of course on the camera (A900) set the flash mode to "wireless"

stlefle52
Visitor

Sorry for a delayed response.

Whatever I tried failed so I bought a cheap wireless trigger/receiver (which was advertised as working with the Minolta flashguns) from Amazon.

This works (albeit necessitating using the flash in manual mode) with both the A900 and A77.

I have not tried it with any other flashgun.

Many thanks for the responses.

Steve