profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator
11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator

10. Bookmarks, Subscriptions, and RSS

You can bookmark your favourite content on the community for quick and easy access. Instructions on how to use, view and manage bookmarks as well as subscriptions and RSS feeds below.

How do I use bookmarks?

Bookmarks allow you to list community content, boards, articles, topics, or individual posts;on a special page so you can easily find it again.

To bookmark a piece of content:

1. Go to the item you want to bookmark.
      You can bookmark a board, a blog article or any other location in the community.  You can also bookmark a specific post.
    2. To bookmark a location, choose (Location) Options > Bookmark this
    3. To bookmark a specific post, go to the post and choose (Post) Options > Bookmark this
      That's all there is to it!

To view and manage your bookmarks:

1. Click My Settings and click the Subscriptions & Bookmarks tab.
  2. Click Bookmarks to see a list of the items you've bookmarked.
    You can click a bookmark to go to the item.
  3. To delete a bookmark, click the check box for the bookmark and choose Bookmark Options > Delete Selected Bookmarks.

How do I use subscriptions?

Subscriptions let you get email updates whenever new content appears in an area of the community that you're interested in. You can subscribe to a board, a blog article or any other location in the community. You can also subscribe to a specific post.

To subscribe a piece of content:

1. Go to the item you want to subscribe to.
    2. To subscribe to a location, choose (Location) Options > Subscribe.
    3. To subscribe to a specific post, go to the post and choose (Post) Options > Subscribe
      That's all there is to it!

To view and manage your subscriptions:

1. Click My Settings and click the Subscriptions & Bookmarks tab.
  2. Click Email Subscriptions to see a list of the items you've subscribed to.
    You can click a subscription to go to the item.
  3. To delete a subscription, click the check box for the subscription and choose Email Subscription Options > Delete Selected Subscriptions.

What is RSS and how do I use it?

RSS stands for "Really Simple Syndication." It is a way for you to get the latest content from this community, along with many other sites that you visit, all in one place. With an RSS feed reader, you subscribe to Web sites, and those sites feed you headlines so you can stay up to date.

To use RSS, you'll need a feed reader, such as Google Reader, MyYahoo, or the Live Bookmarks feature of Firefox. There are many free options. Once you have your feed reader set up, you can find RSS feeds in the community by going to a board, blog, thread, or message and selecting Subscribe to RSS Feed from the options menu. There you will see a preview of the feed. Most RSS readers give you a button to click at this point.

Once you click it, the RSS feed will appear in your reader, and you will see new content from that section of the community whenever it becomes available

Back to index.

profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator

11. Community Basics

How does the community work?

This community provides a place for community members or participants to search for information, read and post about topics of interest, and learn from each other.  You will find:

• boards where you can post questions and answers
    • blogs where you can read and comment on articles posted by bloggers from the company
    • How To’s and FAQ’s generated from Community feedback and discussion
    • Plus a whole lot more

Guests (unregistered visitors) can browse or search the entire community for information. Registered members can post messages or comments, track discussions, and get e-mail notifications on new posting activity.

What is my role in the community?

You are essential to the community, even if all you ever do is read messages or articles that someone else has posted. Communities like this one have a place for all kinds of contributions: posting questions, providing answers, sharing your photographs, leaving comments on blog articlesor just searching for answers to your questions.

We encourage you visit often and participate. Come with your toughest questions. Chances are someone has a solution or can point you in the right direction. If you find a solution that works, let others know, and pass on your own tips and insights. You might just have the answer someone else has been looking for!

Please remember to thank community members who have helped you. You can show your appreciation by giving kudos to helpful posts, by accepting a solution that answers your question, or by posting thank-you replies.

What is my responsibility in the community?

We want the community to be appropriate, friendly, informative, and fun for everyone.

Be sure to read the Terms and Condition and the code of conduct so that you know what to expect and what is expected of you when you're here. 

Back to index.