Meet our photo competition winner

profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius
1,078  Views

Teaser.jpgFind out all about our latest winner and get his photography tips:

Start by telling us a bit about yourself: Where do you live, what do you do?

My name is Artem and I live in Moscow. I have worked as a concert photographer for the last 4 years. Concerts are a big part of my life.

When did you first try photography and what camera did you use?

I first used a camera in my school years, in year 10. A Canon 600D and an 18–55-mm lens first opened me up to the world of photography. I photographed everything I could see—friends, flowers, friends with flowers. I started taking photographs more seriously during my first year at university.

How did you feel when you were told you had won the competition? 

At first, I was astonished.

I was looking at the work of the other participants during the whole competition, and there were a lot of deserving entries.

Tell us a bit more about the inspiration behind the shot. 

Inspiration for me is the music and atmosphere of the event and the energy from the people.

When I'm shooting at major events and concerts, I try to make each photo report unique and exciting. You have to catch moments that can last a split second.

What equipment and accessories did you use to take the frame? Did you process the image after shooting? 

This frame was taken with a Sony a7R3 using a wide-angle lens. I process event photos using Adobe Lightroom. Sometimes I can touch up individual frames using Adobe Photoshop.

Can you share some tips that could help other photographers to create winning photos?

Search for references on the Internet, study the new features of your camera and try to find your own photography style :wink:

And most importantly, don’t give up—you will succeed!