Join now - be part of our community!

black screen

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
omegaphi3808
Visitor

black screen

I have a sony steady shot dsc w330 in which when turned on the lens will come out but nothing will be shown on screen if i take a picture the screeen will remain black and when hooked up to the computer the pictures are still just a black square i can see all the settings correctly just no pictures please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello omegaphi3808 - welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

It sounds like the camera has developed some kind of technical fault and the recommended course of action will depend upon how long you have had the camera i.e. whether it is still within warranty or not.

The best thing to do is to contact Sony Customer Services and all of their contact details have been put into a 'Sticky' forum thread which can be found here:

http://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/651957#651957

They will be able to talk you through some checks to try and determine whether a repair is needed and will be able to advise accordingly relating to the warranty or the cost of repair if this has expired.

Thanks

Simon

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello omegaphi3808 - welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

It sounds like the camera has developed some kind of technical fault and the recommended course of action will depend upon how long you have had the camera i.e. whether it is still within warranty or not.

The best thing to do is to contact Sony Customer Services and all of their contact details have been put into a 'Sticky' forum thread which can be found here:

http://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/651957#651957

They will be able to talk you through some checks to try and determine whether a repair is needed and will be able to advise accordingly relating to the warranty or the cost of repair if this has expired.

Thanks

Simon