Join now - be part of our community!

Camera Lens-Issue!

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
pateln3
Visitor

Camera Lens-Issue!

Hi,

I have a Sony Camera model: Dsc-w215. I really really love this camera, however quite recently the Lens have had trouble, which just occurred randomly, which means I can no longer take any pictures. When I turn the camera on and off it makes the usual sound, but the lens does not come out. I have had the camera for a while and I have never had this problem before and it has just happened, otherwise it was working perfectly fine.

What would you advise. I believe it is still under Sony Warranty..... (5 year warranty)

thanks! :slight_smile:

I had a look at the repair registration and it is stating that my warranty has expried, however I have the document which ensures a 5 year warranty from Sony. What should I do?

and can repairs still be done on expired warranty's...

Message was edited by: pateln3

Message was edited by: pateln3

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello pateln3 - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

What you are describing definitely sounds like an internal fault with the camera. If you definitely have a valid warranty document (from Sony or another authorised repair facility) you may need to get in touch with the original company that issued it to query the length of time that the warranty was valid for (I would advise you to do this by telephone if possible if the online facility for your warranty is showing the wrong information.)

Repairs can be carried out once a warranty has expired but the cost can be prohibitive so I would definitely investigate the existing warranty first.

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello pateln3 - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

What you are describing definitely sounds like an internal fault with the camera. If you definitely have a valid warranty document (from Sony or another authorised repair facility) you may need to get in touch with the original company that issued it to query the length of time that the warranty was valid for (I would advise you to do this by telephone if possible if the online facility for your warranty is showing the wrong information.)

Repairs can be carried out once a warranty has expired but the cost can be prohibitive so I would definitely investigate the existing warranty first.

Thanks,

Simon