Join now - be part of our community!

Cash Back Offer

profile.country.GB.title
Freeland127
Explorer

Cash Back Offer

Hi, i am looking to purchase the RX100iii camera based on the £150 cash back if purchased before the end of December but am concerned about the bad reviews. Anyone got any positive stories to share regarding the cash back deal, I would like like ti think it does work out in the end in spite of the onerous claim process?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @Freeland127

I think one of the main problems has been with receipts needing to show VAT details on them.

You can always check the status of your claim by phoning Sony Support

on +44 (0) 2073652810

We can always attempt to help too if you're having any trouble.

Cheers

Charlievictorg
Explorer

I had a problem with this offer.  I preordered a nwa A7R 3 and a new GM lens.  The lens came with £150 cash back offered so I applied.  Having gone thru the hoops to get into the Sony website to begin with and faced endless "I am not a robot" cars and streetsigns I managed to get in only to be told I had to prove I was not a robot again - twice more and that my email address was not valid.  It gets better - I restarted the whole process and I dont know what i did but I managed to squeeze in thru a ***** in the amour of the website and start the process of applying for the cashback.  All details entered and photos submitted of the til receipts and the camera and what i thought was the serial number I was told that my serial number had to be 8 figures and that it was on the camera body - not what it says on the application.  However I gritted my teeth and carried on.  The I was told the bank sort code was wrong.  It wasnt; I had just not eneterd it the Sony way aabbcc, whereas we all know the sort code is entered normally as aa-bb-cc - again as clear as mud.  Just about everything that could be challenged or obstructed was, but overcome - somehow and submitted and a letter promieing I would get the cashback came back.  It didnt!  I went to Sony Support and the telephone number on the website is invalid and there is no email support, unless you go via the clowns in the call centre abroad.  I perserered and eventually the cashback arrived - i was promised £150.  I got £80.  I was sure by now they didnt want to pay it out.  I challenged by going thru the switchboard of the main Sony headquarteds and got the call centre again.  You couldnt make this next bit up.  They had needed proof that I had the lens I claimed for with photos etc etc, then sent me the cashback for the wrong (cheaper) lens.  I was told I had to refund them and proove to their satisfaction that the refund had been made, then...... reapply all over again.  RATHER THAN JUST SEND THE OUTSTANDING £70.  STAGGERING.  I paid over £5000 for new equipment and this is the attitude.  Now i am trying to register for the one years extended warranty - I scratch off the card details and enter it onto the website boxes, check it 3 times and send - INVALID CARD NUMBER. But on a positive note, despite reminding them that I was outstanding £100 for an RX100v - it did eventually arrive, so I am only £70 short - great experience

GJT100
New

Dont assume you will get this money, I am trying now and they keep saying the forms are wrong........

Thinking about sending the camera back next week.

profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi Charlie,

I sent you a PM as I can escalate this for you. Can you let me know (via PM) the e-mail address that you used for registration and the serial number of the device you are claiming the cashback for?  

Thanks, 

Pascale