Join now - be part of our community!

cash back?

profile.country.en_GB.title
pweibj67
Visitor

cash back?

i purchased a camera ... my first every Sony Thing  ... on the 16th of december and duly sent my form and receipt to Norfolk.  I Should be due a £40 visa card ... well a week or so ago!

Can anyone tell me why the delay? also i have tried to contact the telephone number given on the form but guess what!! .. always engaged!!

Can i say not overly impressed by this ... if you wish to entice people into buying your products can you please follow through or at least keep us up to date.

also im confused as to why we need to send out reciept to you .. this is to show we have purchased a product .. what happens if something goes wrong?

help anybody??

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi pweibj67 and welcome.

As I understand it, the Hotline telephone number is the only way to chase up your cashback as this task has been outsourced by Sony.

0845 504 8939

However, I will pass your comments on to Sony.

:smileyblush:

Steven1976
Visitor

I am also waiting for cash back and cannot get any answer from the Helpline. 30 minutes of being in a queue with no idea if anyone is actually at the other end.

Dreadful service and would never have bothered if I knew it was a con.

Steve

pusaqall
Visitor

Same here. It seems like the support team is very busy on a lot of queries. I've been waiting on phone for almost an hour. I gave up.

MickP1
Visitor

Ditto. Bought a 40 inch tv on 21st November. Still waiting for £100 cashback. Sounds like a job for BBC watchdog!

elliemorgan80
Visitor

I sent my form off about 5 weeks ago and have heard nothing since- this doesn't look promising. Maybe Watchdog is not a bad idea! How long can it take?

MickP1
Visitor

I phoned the number that blencogo posted. They answered straight away and told me that they had no record of my claim and to E-mail sonysmartoffers@diss.net

I done this and also attached a copy of my receipt for the tv

They replied a couple of hours later saying my claim has been verified and is on it's way!!

Happy days, but not immpressed with their customer service

MickP1
Visitor

Finally got my £100 cashback yesterday, 3 months after I bought the TV