Join now - be part of our community!

Cashback for DSC-RX100M6

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
iacopes
Explorer

Cashback for DSC-RX100M6

I bought a DSC-RX100M6 from Currys on 2021-01-26. After waiting the required 30 days I started a cashback claim on 2021-03-02. I sent the Currys "Receipt" which Currys insist is the only proof of purchase they can provide.

On 2021-03-08 Sony replied saying I had only sent them an order confirmation. This was untrue but I sent them another copy of the receipt the same day.

They also said that I have only 14 days to provide a valid receipt. The deadline will run out in 8 days on 2012-03-22.

Currys are offering no help and I have not heard from Sony for 5 days.

I only bought the camera because I was counting on the £100 cashback. I cannot afford not to get it.

Can anyone suggest a solution? The claim reference is 22020473.

I can now see from the Community that Sony has been using the same standard letters in this way for many years and I am not the first to have problems.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
iacopes
Explorer

No, staying calm would not have solved it! And there is no special Sony 'cashback support team'.

It took a lot of persistence by me, and a refusal to accept being told the same thing over and over again.

Along the way, Sony had rejected a second version of a receipt from Currys. A Currys assistant then insisted there was no other version. I asked her to send version 2 again anyway, just in case, and a completely different third version arrived in my inbox. It shows the dates and VAT details Sony insists on (you have to scroll a long way down an empty page to see some of them).

I am delighted to announce that Sony has accepted version 3! Of course I still have to wait 28 days while Sony saves up the £100 to send me.

So I would like to propose my own solution to the problem, which is 'Don't take No for an answer!'.

I am sure there must be thousands of customers who give up before this point, but I hope one or two in the future may find this thread and be encouraged.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

The only ones that can help in this matter is the cashback support team.

Please get in touch with them to clarify you issue.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
iacopes
Explorer

Hello Peter.

Do you have contact details for a cashback support team?
Ian
profile.country.GB.title
iacopes
Explorer

Any Experts out there please help!

It is 8 days since I replied to Sony. Only 6 days are left until their deadline. I have just phoned them on 02073 652810 and spoke to Nourhan. There is no "cashback support team". (She wanted the case number 22020473 from their rejection email rather than the Claim ID 534541).

She just repeated that the Currys Receipt I sent them is not a valid invoice.
It's true that Currys show a date of delivery rather than a date of purchase (which was one day earlier), but that is the only quibble Sony has come up with so far.
I have tried several times to explain this to Currys, but they are adamant that they cannot help. They will not provide any other form of receipt (unless you are a PC World Business Customer). So my problem would apply to countless ordinary customers who believed the worthless Sony/Currys cashback promise.

Nourhan has promised that a senior manager will phone me within 24 hours, but I am not optimistic that they will say anything different.

Looking on the internet, I can see that Sony has been using the same tactics for at least 8 years. Very occasionally, an Expert or similar on this Community will have a word with a Sony contact and the cashback will be paid.

I can't describe how disappointed and angry I feel at the moment.

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Stay calm.

The proof of your claim within the time limit lies within these posts on the forum.

profile.country.GB.title
iacopes
Explorer

No, staying calm would not have solved it! And there is no special Sony 'cashback support team'.

It took a lot of persistence by me, and a refusal to accept being told the same thing over and over again.

Along the way, Sony had rejected a second version of a receipt from Currys. A Currys assistant then insisted there was no other version. I asked her to send version 2 again anyway, just in case, and a completely different third version arrived in my inbox. It shows the dates and VAT details Sony insists on (you have to scroll a long way down an empty page to see some of them).

I am delighted to announce that Sony has accepted version 3! Of course I still have to wait 28 days while Sony saves up the £100 to send me.

So I would like to propose my own solution to the problem, which is 'Don't take No for an answer!'.

I am sure there must be thousands of customers who give up before this point, but I hope one or two in the future may find this thread and be encouraged.

profile.country.US.title
sony.e.62.10
Contributor

Happy to read that, and congratulations to you.

Thank you for having shared your experience.

As written in your original message, forums are indeed full with problems with Sony cashbacks.

People should exercise extreme caution when thinking to rely on these offers in the shops.

Just read these

or do your own search in the forums, or read the "Known problems" section of the E:62:10 website.

profile.country.GB.title
iacopes
Explorer

Thanks for that, and for adding my story to your list so people may find it. I had read many of the other posts already, but looking again now I didn't spot any with a solution! Often an Expert or Moderator says "Don't worry, everything will be alright, but if it's not solved I will escalate it for you." I wonder if that ever works?

The Sony tricks are wonderful. I had to photograph the tiny serial number on the new camera, one-handed, avoiding any flash reflections, WHILST THE NEW CAMERA WAS IN MY OTHER HAND. It's a wonder they didn't say I had to take the photo with the new camera itself. Luckily I had a little Panasonic available, otherwise I would have had to find a hall of magnifying mirrors.

If anyone needs more details, such as what a successful Currys receipt looks like, they could write to 
sonycashback at ianco .co .uk.

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Hi @iacopes 

I'm happy for you that the problem is solved.

Still it's not a proof of good customer service that you have to insist and repaet to get your cashback from Sony.

profile.country.CH.title
Wernerundheidi5256
Explorer

Nach antippen (dieses Netzwerke ignorieren) braucht man das Passwort, leider habe ich keines. Wie kann man das Passwort ändern um Fotos von der Kamera auf das  Smartphone zu senden.

Danke