Join now - be part of our community!

Completely silent video / HX-400V

profile.country.GB.title
gravesend46
New

Completely silent video / HX-400V

Hi, I've been using an HX-400V without an issue for a year with an ECMGZ1M microphone.

I did an interview yesterday, transferred the file to my desktop but while the video is fine, there is no audio. I did a recording a few days before and that was fine, I've just tested it again now and it's fine, but this one video... nothing.

As it was a work video, I'd really like to understand what could have caused the audio to vanish. I did drop the camera shortly afterwards from my tripod, but as I say I've tested it since and it seems to have withstood that.

I tested it with the mic unlocked, loosely connected to see if that would affect it, but no, the audio recorded OK.

The only two things I did differently were changed the filename directly on the SD card before transferring and also used a deadcat from an old Rode mic over the top of it but can't see that being the issue (seeing as I tested since with it on and again it's picked up audio).

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Try this:

Go menu, the most right menu tab, choose 5 and there Restore Image DB

Don't know, just pointing out a thing to try.

profile.country.GB.title
gravesend46
New

Thanks for suggestion – alas, it didn't fix it.

It's just an odd one to understand as even if the mounted mic wasn't working, you'd think the built-in mic would record some audio, but it was just completely devoid of any audio at all.

profile.country.GB.title
Bat_Rick
New

Hi Gravesend46,

So now the built-in microphone is completely dead?