Join now - be part of our community!

Copy image to RX100v

profile.country.GB.title
Alan1947

Copy image to RX100v

Is it possible to copy images from PC to RX100? and have the RX100 able to read them?

I have connected RX100 to PC using usb lead.

I can copy .jpg images to DCIM folder on RX100 and doubleclick either and they display on PC ok.

Disconnect RX100 and the image is not visible amongst the saved images.

Reconnect RX100 and the image is still there, visible through USB lead from the PC.

Suspect RX100 sees the intruder jpeg is not quite the same as one it made itself.

Is there some special data maybe buried in exif data?

Does anyone know how (if possible) to overcome this?

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Try to give the imported picture a RX100 name like DSC02414

profile.country.GB.title
Alan1947

Thank you - nice try.

Whereas before the image was totally unseen in the RX100, with a name like DSC01234 the RX100 displays a rectangle with a ? in it, and when opened displays the normal rectangle with a smaller ? in it and underneath the words "Unable to display"

So it looks like a fairly simple reason why the RX100 is unhappy with the image, and having a name that appears familiar looks like part of the solution.  Maybe the Canon in the exif data upsets it !!

profile.country.GB.title
Alan1947

and No - I just tried changing exif data Camera maker to SONY and camera model to DSC-RX100M5 and that made no difference at all.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi Alan1947 , the camera is capable of transferring pics to a phone or a computer, not the opposite. May I ask what are you trying to accomplish? Maybe then we can find another way..

profile.country.GB.title
Alan1947

It was a trivial task of trying to transfer a treasured image from a different camera to the RX100.

In this family we have favourite images we share and lock, so that when the card is cleared just this image or images remain.

In the end I displayed the image on my monitor and photographed it, thus ensuring the issue was circumvented.  Quality was not brilliant but being viewed only on the RX100 it was not of concern.

Someone else always takes that shot you missed 😀