Join now - be part of our community!

cyber shot dschx20v powers up ok but lens wont open or extend

profile.country.en_GB.title
rademon1
Visitor

cyber shot dschx20v powers up ok but lens wont open or extend

This camera is only 7 months old but i cant find the reciept so Sony wont look at it, the screen powers up ok but it repeatedly says turn off and on again but this does no good, the lens wont open or extend but you can see it trying to as it moves in and out slightly, i dont want to force it in any way, (is there anyone that can help please)

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
Mick2011
New

Hi rademon, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Certainly sounds like something that needs to be repaired, rather than corrected by a reset.

I think the HX20V has only been available since April last year, so it shouldn't be a problem to get a warranty repair organised. Call Sony customer support: http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/contacts/dime

Cheers

Mick

jalangf90
Explorer

hi,

this can easily be repaired. unfortunately the lens need to be disassembled & cleaned to solve

Mine was the same. I got my pal to hold it tight in both hands and switch it on. At the instant it turned on and the lens should have come out, i sucked the lens out with the hose of a vacuum cleaner. I was careful just to touch the vacuum-cleaner-hose on to the front of the camera for a very short time. .... ie i didn't wait to see if it had worked, before pulling it away. It worked!! i think a tiny bit of grit had jammed the lens shut so the battery wasn't quite strong enough to push out the lens, and it needed some help ............ it has been ok since then; that was 3 months ago.    Jake Williams