Join now - be part of our community!

Date order problem with Play Memories Home

profile.country.en_GB.title
larksong
Explorer

Date order problem with Play Memories Home

Does anyone know if it is possible to get Play Memories Home (v 2.0.00.11271) to sort files in UK date order ie dd/mm/yyyy ? My DSC-HX9V camera date stamps them in that fashion but then PMH scrambles them by sorting by day, so for eg the 12th of July 2012 is before 13th Feb 2012.

7 REPLIES 7
Mick2011
New

Hi larksong, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

It can be a bit of a pain, and I don't know of any setting within PMH that will change it. You can however elect to transfer to folders following you own naming convention as an option on import.

If you can't be bothered doing this every time you could run a script such as Regex to rename your files on the fly. Alternatively, most paid-for image editing apps do allow you to set your own naming convention as an import default.

Hope that's of some help.

Cheers

Mick

larksong
Explorer

Thanks for taking the time to reply and offer solutions.

The first two suggestions involve a bit more 'fiddling about' than I would choose to do which only leaves the option of using an alternatve product. Shame, as PMH is an otherwise decent tool.

Thanks again

Larksong

mehesj
New

I have the same problem!   :angry:

I think its a shame that such a simple and important inquiery can not be solved by the SW PlayMemoriesHome itself ...

I will need to archive and sort my media files from my Notebook by date after a few months/years. It is not a userfriendly solution, and maybe I will do not want to use PMH for further processing/archiving my media files.

:triumph:

profile.country.GB.title
riapple76
Explorer

Yeah Sony, get your finger out, this date reversal is a major irritation for those using PMH to manage their image archieve.

My cameras, a6000 and A7m3, are set to Y-M-D and imported to PMH always arrive as D-M-Y. This must be an easy software fix so how about you add this to the next update list of jobs

profile.country.DE.title
darkframe
Expert

Hi @riapple76,

@riapple76  schrieb:

My cameras, a6000 and A7m3, are set to Y-M-D and imported to PMH always arrive as D-M-Y.

well, this could as well be related to your system settings, at least in case you're using MS Windows.

Please forgive me, I'm running a German version of Windows so cannot exactly name the different menu items of an English version. However, I'm giving it a try.

First of, in PlayMemories (I've set that to English) you need to make sure that you've set the import settings (Tools -> Settings -> Import) to "Sort imported media files into folders by date taken".

Now, in Windows' settings you need to look for something like "Time and language" (Win 10) or Date/Time. In Win 10 you'll find an option to "Change date and time format" close to the bottom of the "Date and time" section (can't remember where it is in older versions). When clicking that link you'll be presented a new dialogue. You should see an entry like "Short date". This should be set to YYYY-MM-DD.

That should hopefully be it. Thereafter PlayMemories Home should name your files using YYYY-MM-DD when importing media as it is naming them following Windows' settings. 

Cheers

darkframe

Wo kämen wir hin, wenn jeder sagte, wo kämen wir hin und keiner ginge, um zu sehen, wohin wir kämen, wenn wir gingen... (© by Kurt Marti)
profile.country.GB.title
riapple76
Explorer

darkframe

Thanks for the advice. 4 years I've been cursing PMH when i should have been looking at Win10.

Have a beer on me

Richard
profile.country.DE.title
darkframe
Expert

Hi @riapple76,

@riapple76@  wrote:
Thanks for the advice. 4 years I've been cursing PMH when i should have been looking at Win10.
well, honestly it took me quite some time as well until I by chance found this solution somewhere in the German community. So the laurels actually belong to someone else.

Have a beer on me
Here's to you (having a Kilkenny right now)!

Cheers

darkframe 

Wo kämen wir hin, wenn jeder sagte, wo kämen wir hin und keiner ginge, um zu sehen, wohin wir kämen, wenn wir gingen... (© by Kurt Marti)