Join now - be part of our community!

Date/time on pictures

profile.country.GB.title
chegga
New

Date/time on pictures

I've recently bought and registered a DSC-W800 camera and have set the time date info. When I take a picture the time/date shows on the screen but when I download it to my PC it doesn't - can anyone help me solve this please or is it a fault?

Thanks Chegga

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

HI @chegga, welcome to the community.

Setting the camera date & time will record the correct capture time on your image EXIF files. You can normally access this information in the 'file info' option of the image viewing app you are using.

However this is not the same as setting up a time stamp – where the image will have the date & time superimposed on the image.

To set up the date stamp, follow these instructions:

1. Turn on the camera.
  2. Turn the mode dial to select SETUP .
  3. On the control button , press the UP ARROW or DOWN ARROW to select the Camera icon.
  4. Press the RIGHT ARROW.
  5. Press the UP ARROW or DOWN ARROW to select Date/Time .
  6. Press the RIGHT ARROW .
  7. Press the UP ARROW or DOWN ARROW to select the desired time or date stamp setting.

NOTES:

• Select Day & Time to superimpose the date, hour, and minute onto the image.
    • Select Date to superimpose the year, month, and day onto the image.
    • Select Off to not superimpose the date or time on the image.

8. Press ENTER.

Hope that works for you.

Cheers

Mick

profile.country.DE.title
darkframe
Expert

Hi @chegga,

well, I've found this in the online help manual. In some modes the date will however obviously not be printed to the image.

Anyhow, I normally do not recommend to print the date to the image while shooting as you cannot remove it anymore. So if you later think that your image would look better without having printed the date onto it, you'll be lost. You simply cannot switch it on or off once it's part of the picture.

Cheers

darkframe

Wo kämen wir hin, wenn jeder sagte, wo kämen wir hin und keiner ginge, um zu sehen, wohin wir kämen, wenn wir gingen... (© by Kurt Marti)