Join now - be part of our community!

DSC H300 turns itself off.

SOLVED
LyntonLea
New

DSC H300 turns itself off.

Hi my DSC H300 keeps turning itself off sometimes it's mid shot or it turns on then straight off again. Sometimes the battery lights flash so I've changed batteries but then it turns itself off immediately. If I put the original batteries back in it suddenly starts to work again. I never know when it's going to happen. Any ideas? I've only had it a few months.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
aimeezeta
New

just wanted to give you a quick update, took the camera back to the shop today & theres nothing wrong with the camera. It's to do with the batteries that you use, he even put the fresh batteries that I had been using into another camera in the shop & it just wouldn't work. So it's all about the batteries that you use since it's such a high quality camera.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
aimeezeta
New

I'm having the exact same problem 😕 only got the camera just over a week ago. Wondering if there's something wrong with the camera itself, only started happening today. Still under warranty so unless it gets solved might take it back & see if they will replace it!

LyntonLea
New

Thanks for your feedback, I had only had my camera for a few weeks too when this happened. I think I'll take it back to the shop.

Sent from Samsung tablet
aimeezeta
New

Probably the best option since nobody seems to be having the same issue as us & knows how to resolve it. Would you mind letting me know what happens? I got mine as a gift so unsure if I'll be able to get the reciept 😕 I'm wondering if it's something to do with the batteries as mine only started to do it when I changed mine.

aimeezeta
New

just wanted to give you a quick update, took the camera back to the shop today & theres nothing wrong with the camera. It's to do with the batteries that you use, he even put the fresh batteries that I had been using into another camera in the shop & it just wouldn't work. So it's all about the batteries that you use since it's such a high quality camera.

LyntonLea
New

That's great I was just about to text you and tell you that I had done the same thing and now the camera is fine. I remember I took a lot of landscape shots over the first few weeks and did a lot of zooming in and out of shot so obviously that used up a lot of battery power. Thanks for your help.

Sent from Samsung tablet
stephyrih
New

Hello , so i'm having the same problem but i wanted to ask you what batteries do you use so the camera won't shut off ? 

stephyrih
New

Hello , so i'm having the same problem but i wanted to ask you what batteries do you use so the camera won't shut off? 

madmax56
New

Camera shuts down after every shot. Camera in new and am still using the same batteries that came with it. Sony batteies.