Explorer

DSC-H300 wont take good photos when flash is off. Turn flash on

Taken with flash offTaken with flash off

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
alanb77
Explorer

Hi All,

Help Please we try to take photos but seem to get funny shades on picture in all conditions. Pop up flash & problem solved but this uses battery more quickly. any idea how we can resolve Many Thanks Alan

profile.country.GB.title
Owen_G

Hi Alan,

Sorry to hear you're struggling. Could you please send over a few more examples of photos with the 'funny shades' you mention? The more information we have the more well-placed we'll be to help. 

Thanks,

Owen

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @alanb77,

the moment you open the flash, the camera overwrites settings to fit the light of the flash.

If you use the same settings the camera automatically uses when you open up the flash, you can get the same exact image result, yet without using the flash.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
alanb77
Explorer

DSC00016.JPGDSC00023.JPGDSC00032.JPG

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @alanb77,

you clearly have some "Art-filter" activated.

I don't know which one, yet this is not how default settings look.

Reset your camera to default settings if you can't find the particular setting you mistakenly turned on.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
alanb77
Explorer

Hi Nic,

Thanks for your reply i have tryed to reset factory settings but no joy 😞 

Alan

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @alanb77,

wierd 😕

Would you mind to list the current settings and the status of the "mode" wheel on top?

EDIT: Thinking about it - the filter could also be applied by some software if you use a program to import your photos to your PC <- just an idea.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
alanb77
Explorer

Hi Nic,

We normally keep it on intelligent auto mode but have tried to play about with scene mode but get the same result.

Alan

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @alanb77,

I don't own the camera, yet I found someone on YouTube navigating trough the menu.

Please press the "MENU" button and go to the "Picture Effect" tab and set it to "OFF".

- Nic