Join now - be part of our community!

DSC HX200V

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Wilky-OAP
Visitor

DSC HX200V

I have bought a DSC HX200V bridge camera.  I am totally new to Sony stills cameras and need to have a user guide to refer to to get to know the cybershot features.  The website says the guide - called the i-manual - is downloadable but I can't download it.  If it was in PDF I could but how can I down load a html.  I am over 70 so I would appreciate any help I can get but please use technical language I can understand!!  The response from Sony Support was to BUY a hard copy from authorised spares partners 4ourhouse.  Please help me!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.de_DE.title
cmosse
Contributor

You can download a PDF version of the full online cybershot guide for DSC-HX200 (including links and navigation):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zon61wzc2i789nf/DSC-HX200_HX200V_Cyber-shot%20User%20Guide_En.pdf

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Wilky-OAP and welcome.

The iManual is only available online as it is just a collection of links to different online pages. You can, of course, print the individual iManual pages when they are on your computer screen by pressing 'Print'.

Your camera also has an internal user guide.  When you select any menu item, you can bring up the internal manual page on the camera's display for that particular item at the touch of a button.

Do you have the original User Guide which comes with the camera?  This is downloadable in .pdf format?

http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/4422590112.pdf

I think this covers the basics and can be printed.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Wilky-OAP
Visitor

That is a really helpful answer, thank you.

I have been exploring the "on board" user guide and do find it helpful.

My problem is probably to do with my age and attitude to technical issues!  I would much prefer to have a hard copy of the i-manual so that I can have that by my side to refer to whilst exploring the camera.  I am so anxious to enjoy the camera to its full extent.

You are right I can go through the on-line html version but it is very laborious and really slow and I have estimated will amount to about 300 pages!!

I have been a Sony fan for more years than I care to remember but I am really disappointed that all they can offer is a reference to a partner spares agency for me to buy a copy.  And, have you seen some of the negative reviews about the agents 4ourhouse?

I would still be very grateful for advice.  I have even looked to Google and there are downloads for converting html to pdf but I would still need to go through the laboroius task of visiting every page, and link etc in the html i-manual.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I fully understand what you are saying - I am also in that age group that would prefer a comprehensive User Manual.

I personally doubt if a printed version of the i-Manual exists and the only way is to print all the individual pages of interest.  I don't think you can buy one as a spare part! Like most manufacturers, Sony have progressively reduced the printed matter included with new products to save a few pence.  I think they have gone too far.

Let us know if you have any luck locating a more comprehensive printed guide as it would prove popular!

:wink:

profile.country.de_DE.title
cmosse
Contributor

You can download a PDF version of the full online cybershot guide for DSC-HX200 (including links and navigation):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zon61wzc2i789nf/DSC-HX200_HX200V_Cyber-shot%20User%20Guide_En.pdf

profile.country.fr_FR.title
Jagger12
Visitor

Thank you so much cmosse pour your post, i m new user of DSC-HX200V and i ve registered here to find a complete User Manual. Done.

:slight_smile:

profile.country.ro_RO.title
halflife2000
Visitor

Tks to all for advices .I talked with a warranty sony agent and he told me that there are only 2 solution to my problem :send the camera to the service warranty or ask to the dealer shop to replace it if is possible..

I will write here future infos. bye