Join now - be part of our community!

DSC-HX30V wi-fi won't connect

profile.country.en_GB.title
joemanco
Visitor

DSC-HX30V wi-fi won't connect

Just bought the Cybershot DSC-HX30V, like the camera but one of the main reasons i bought it was for the wi-fi feature. The camera appears to connect to the router but when i try to upload photos all i get is 'connection error'. Not sure if it's the camera or the pc (am still running on XP). Have installed Play Memories Home and have connected and uploaded photos via the usb connection. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tags (1)
20 REPLIES 20
adama1980
Visitor

ok, cheers. I've tried reinstallng my OS and still no joy.

Will monitor on the apple forums

Cheers

pmgarafola
Visitor

Hey I just bought the camera as well and am having the exact same problem, except it takes about 3 minutes to come back with the message. I am using Windows 7 64 bit. It is not a firewall issue as I tested with the firewall disabled. Also the USB transfer works fine. I have the Play Memories software installed with the extended options. The "Network Error Occurred" message happens every time I try to connect.  The customer support staff at Sony was no help at all. This capability was one of the reasons I bought the amera so it's pretty disappointing. As far as I can tell the wireless feature is completely useless.

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello pmgarafola - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Which customer service department did you originally contact for further assistance with this problem?

I am aware that sometimes there are certain features that do not function in the same way when using a 64 bit operating system as opposed to a 32 bit one. You mention that you have already tried turning off the firewall but your anti-virus software may also be preventing this data transfer from working correctly. Have you tried temporarily turning this off to see if this will allow PlayMemories to communicate with your camera wirelessly?

Thanks,

Simon

joemanco
Visitor

Hi pmgarafola,

All I can suggest is for you to uninstall the software and then re-install it from the cameras internal hard drive. Once installed try to upload photos wirelessly before using the usb connection. I wish I could give you a more definitive answer. I know that when I had this problem running on XP it was definately a pc problem as I checked the router and the camera was connected to it. Also how much RAM do you have? because I thought that this could be the problem with my old pc (which I think had 1 or 2 gb) whereas my new pc has 8gb.

Hope this helps

Good Luck

Paul

grajay155
Visitor

I've just had to set this up myself.  Finding the Sony Wirelass Auto Import App was probably the hardest thing - then after installing it I had to deselect the previous connection I had made to my iMac via Parallels and Windows 7 so that it would connect to my iMac.    I have to say the app worked perfectly, and after setting it up & disconnecting the USB cable the photo transfer started immediately I selected the option in the menu.

Message was edited by: grajay155

Message was edited by: grajay155

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

That's great grajay155 - hopefully other people will now read about what you have done to get the software to work correctly on your Mac.

pmgarafola - have you tried following Paul's advice and reinstalling the software?

Thanks,

Simon

profile.country.es_ES.title
dabako
Visitor

Hello everybody,

Well, I've been reading all the posted comments...I have same problem::: I can't conect my camera HX30V to anty device I have, starting with my MACBOOKPRO, and my Android Smartphone. Im getting crazy, and I'm about to give back my camera, because I think doesn't work properly. Almost the wify.

In the smartphone, i downloaded the app, i conect to the camera SSID, i put the password,,,all..and the message from the camera is : connection to target device imposible.

And from the phone is: (While looks like is going to go ok, because it recognice the camera, and try to conect, at the end says:  Error while fetching contents....

I have been around 10 hours trying to have succes, but there is no way.

I would like to be able to connect to my macbook pro retina too, with Mountain Lion. OX10.8. I don't know if is compatible with this new os....FFFFFFFFFFFF....

Any suggestion???

Thank you in advance.

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello dabako - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Regarding your Macbook, have you checked to see if you have any firewall or anti-virus software that may be preventing the camera connecting to your Macbook?

Thanks,

Simon

profile.country.es_ES.title
dabako
Visitor

Thank you,

I solved all the problems.

About the android phone, when you get the conection, the camera says not able to connect. But it does anyway. So all runs ok.

And, yes, it works in my mountain lion. Fine.

Thank you again,

DougMace
Visitor

In my case it was the anti-virus software.  I have Windows 7 with Microsoft Security Essentials.  It looks like the Sony software took care of the firewall settings, but there is still a chunck of software that needs to be downloaded the first time you transfer images via Wi-Fi.  So, I turned off the anti-virus the very first time I tried to transfer images, and the images transferred just fine.  I then turned on the anti-virus and subsequent image transfers occured without any problems.