Join now - be part of our community!

DSC-HX60 (weak battery/memory card cover by design or a fault?)

clickinghappy
Explorer

DSC-HX60 (weak battery/memory card cover by design or a fault?)

Hi,

I recently purchased the DSC-HX60 and I am excited to start using it. However, I have discovered that the battery cover opens very easily (too easily) - a slight touch or knock of the 'lock' slide and the cover springs open. I have owned lots of point-and shoot digital cameras in the past and all have had firmly locking covers so this issue with the HX60 is a real concern. I don't want to be taking photos only for the battery to fall out onto the floor! Is this a fault with my camera or a potential design fault with this model? I have followed the instructions to the latter and have pushed the lock sliding mechnanism firmly to the 'lock' position. Thanks in advance for any advice/suggestions.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi clickinghappy,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..

Doesnt sound right but the simplest way to check would be to visit a local camera store in your area & see if they have another one you can inspect..

However if you are concerned & as it is still new then you may wish to either take it back to the retailer for an exchange or contact Sony support..

profile.country.GB.title
LasFotos
New

I just got this camera and the door in question keeps opening involuntarily. I am thinking of returning it for a new one and if the problem persists getting a different camera altogether. This flimsiness is unaccetable, moreso considering the price tag. What did you do? I am very interested.

profile.country.GB.title
LasFotos
New

I did just that the other day and the other unit they had at the store had the same problem; this is definitely a design issue. I asked a salesperson about it and demonstrated its feebleness compared to the other models they had. They tried to convince me this was not an issue. My reaction: returned the camera and switched brands.