Join now - be part of our community!

DSC-HX80 - Screen is blank and the lens is stuck?

profile.country.GB.title
Politefullydead
Explorer

DSC-HX80 - Screen is blank and the lens is stuck?

Hi everyone, first time posting here! Having trouble with my camera which I only got 6 months ago. Two days ago I accidentally dropped it whilst it was still in the case. It turns on but the screen is blank and there are symbols flashing which are a hand, a camera, video and an exclamation mark. If I try to view my pictures the screen goes completely blank. It also doesn't turn off properly, I have to take the battery out. I can access the menu and settings however. I have Googled this and can't really find a solution, so I'd be very grateful if anyone was able to help me! Thanks in advance. 

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

Have you tried to reset your camera back to original factory settings?  You can find out how to do this here.

Let me know how it goes?

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
Politefullydead
Explorer

Hi, thank you so much for replying!

Yes I tried resetting the camera last night actually, I followed the instructions and again the screen just goes blank and it never restarted itself. I held the camera to my ear and could hear it 'whirring' so I just left it.

This morning I turned it on again and it still had a black screen with the flashing symbols. So I'm not really sure where to go next with this! 

profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi again, 

Sorry to hear this didn't resolve the issue.

I would recommend getting in touch with the support team here who will be able to help further.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
Politefullydead
Explorer

Okay thank you, I will contact them now :slight_smile: