Join now - be part of our community!

DSC-HX90V usb not detected

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
keithyt1958
Explorer

DSC-HX90V usb not detected

sony dsc-hx90v when i plug in usb its not detected although camera shows plugged in instead of battery

in device manager i have uninstalled all usb devices and reinstalled although sony cam is not showing

set usb to mass storage and usb power is on tried usb power off and tried mass storage to auto i have also tried usb on laptop but not detected on that either.

nothing in file explorer and i have ordered another usb cable also done a reset (initalise) but did not help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
keithyt1958
Explorer

Bought a new usb lead from sony uk fitted it and now usb on camera is working

can access media now.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Did you start by installing PlayMemoriesHome on your computer?

Or did you just plug-in.

You already followed steps like on this web page.

On my computer there is one USB port that isn't always able to detect connected devices.

Happily the other port does.

profile.country.GB.title
keithyt1958
Explorer

yes i installed playmemories tried front usb and rear usb several ports also tried another computer (laptop)

but still not detecting usb and nothing in device manager.

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @keithyt1958,

was the camera switched on or off when you plugged it into your PC? To transfer data, it has to be switched on, otherwise it will just charge.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
keithyt1958
Explorer

tried connecting to pc with camera on also tried connecting to pc with camera off

when connecting to pc with camera on instead of battery it shows charge icon(plug).

profile.country.GB.title
keithyt1958
Explorer

Bought a new usb lead from sony uk fitted it and now usb on camera is working

can access media now.

profile.country.GB.title
Bat_Rick
New

Hi Keith,

Could you share the link from which you bought the cable, maybe this can help other customers.