Join now - be part of our community!

DSC-S930 Error Messages

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
raz3885
Visitor

DSC-S930 Error Messages

Hi everyone,

I have a Sony DSC-S930 which I got as a Christmas present in 2009 and has performed perfectly until recently. The Memory Stick is a 2GB SanDisk Pro Duo supplied with the camera.

On a recent holiday I got a message whilst taking photos saying "File Error" and the camera "locked-up" which I managed to clear. I was able to view photos taken without any problems. A few days later I got the same message and the camera locked-up again which I was able to clear.

On returning home I tried to download the photos to my laptop and the download was halted during the download with the "File Error" message. I can view all of the photos but I can't download all of them. When I try to "interrogate" the frames where the error message appears there is a message about "parameters".

I haven't been able to find any information relating to "parameters", can anyone help?

Many thanks. 

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi raz3885.

A parameter error means that there is a formatting error on the memory card or the data has become corrupt.  It could also be caused by a faulty card reader.

You could try gently cleaning the contacts and then using another card reader to see if this works.

If not, as you are using a Sandisk card, you cannot use the Memory Card File Recovery Service software supplied by Sony.  Try 'Cardrecovery' which offers a free trial download.

http://www.cardrecovery.com/?rid=google&kid=cr5001

After you have recovered your pictures, you will then need to reformat the Memory Stick to remove the error.

Good Luck

:wink:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi raz3885.

A parameter error means that there is a formatting error on the memory card or the data has become corrupt.  It could also be caused by a faulty card reader.

You could try gently cleaning the contacts and then using another card reader to see if this works.

If not, as you are using a Sandisk card, you cannot use the Memory Card File Recovery Service software supplied by Sony.  Try 'Cardrecovery' which offers a free trial download.

http://www.cardrecovery.com/?rid=google&kid=cr5001

After you have recovered your pictures, you will then need to reformat the Memory Stick to remove the error.

Good Luck

:wink:

profile.country.ru_KZ.title
Jessikaa
Visitor

Hello Raz,

you can still recover your photos from Memory Stick of 2GB SanDisk Pro Duo of your Sony DSC-S930 by ueing Recovery Fix for windows memory card recovery software. It is easy to install and affordable data recovery solution for Windows application users. It can restore every file and photo from your Memory Stick. for more details - Memory card recovery