Join now - be part of our community!

dsc-tx1

profile.country.en_GB.title
unhappycybershot
Visitor

dsc-tx1

I bought a Sony Cybershot DSC-TX1 in 2011. I haven't used it very much but recently have found that it's very temperamental.

Firstly, I often can't access the photos already taken and in the memory. The review button above the LCD screen seems not to function. If I hold it down very firmly and continuously, it eventually brings up the touch menu, showing the review symbol (the white arrow in a black box). If I release the button at the top of the screen and try the on screen touch one, the screen one disappears. If I hold the button at the top of the LCD at the same time and press the screen with the other hand, I eventually get into the review mode and can see my photos. It's clumsy, long winded and not working as it should.

Also, when it's first switched on, the camera seems to go into over exposure of the image. If I then take the shot, it seems to settle down and show the image correctly.

The shop I bought it from, Jacobs in Bristol, seems to have gone out of business.

Does anyone have any advice? It seems ridiculous to be malfunctioning after over a couple of years of light use.

Many thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
Mick2011
New

Hi, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

It does sound as if the camera has developed an internal fault, possibly due to exposure to adverse storage conditions or contact with moisture of some kind. The buttons shouldn't requre any real pressure at all to function.

You could contact a high street camera store to get a quote for repair, or perhaps talk to Sony customer support to weigh up your options: the details can be found on this sticky.

Cheers

Mick