Join now - be part of our community!

DSC-TX5: camera turns itself off after 5 seconds

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
brendanmcerlain
Visitor

DSC-TX5: camera turns itself off after 5 seconds

Hi everyone - i've had my camera for about 18months and never had any problems. Now when I try to use it, the camera comes on but turns itself off after about 5 seconds. I've recharged the battery - same problem. I reset the camera - same problem. I bought a new battery and fully charged it - same problem. Whether I leave the camera alone or try to take a photo / record a movie, it just turns itself off. The battery indicator in the top right hand corner has also disappeared. Anyone got any ideas on what is wrong or had a similar problem??

Thanks - Bren.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Bren - welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

If you have taken all of these steps and have seen no improvement it is probably an internal fault within the camera and you may wish to find out how much a repair will cost to see whether it will be economical. To do this, I would advise you to contact Customer Services who will be able to advise accordingly. All if the details are in this forum thread:

http://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/651957#651957

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Bren - welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

If you have taken all of these steps and have seen no improvement it is probably an internal fault within the camera and you may wish to find out how much a repair will cost to see whether it will be economical. To do this, I would advise you to contact Customer Services who will be able to advise accordingly. All if the details are in this forum thread:

http://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/651957#651957

Thanks,

Simon

brendanmcerlain
Visitor

Cool .. Thanks Simon.

Bren.