Join now - be part of our community!

DSC-W810

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Alex-JM
New

DSC-W810

I'm trying to use the memory card from my old camera (256 MB). My old camera says the card has been erased. When I put it into my new camera, it says I only have room for 22 photos. It also says there's another folder. It doesn't let me delete it though because it's 'write protected'. 

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Alex-JM,

is it a full-size SD card you are using? If so, they have a small mechanical "lever" on the side which could be in the "lock" position. Simply slide it to the other side of the slot to enable writing to the card.

If that doesn't work, simply purchase a new card - 256MB of memory seems to be a card older than 8 years.

- Nic

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Alex-JM,

is it a full-size SD card you are using? If so, they have a small mechanical "lever" on the side which could be in the "lock" position. Simply slide it to the other side of the slot to enable writing to the card.

If that doesn't work, simply purchase a new card - 256MB of memory seems to be a card older than 8 years.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Alex-JM
New

Thanks IamNic,

This card is about 14 years old and doesn't have a lever. Think it may be time to buy a new card 🙂 

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Alex-JM,

14 YEARS :open_mouth:

In that case it might simply be broken.

- Nic