Join now - be part of our community!

errors

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
xxneilxx
Visitor

errors

please help i just got my camera back from from repair bought it from jessops it is a sony cybershot dsc-hx20v

its been at repair for 7 weeks meant to been 4 to 5 but got it back now im getting some flashing message

E:62:10 it keeps flashing and when i turn power on theres a 4 second delay but otherwise it all works i have taken battery and memory card out i have reset the camera settings also and it is still doing it not sure if i like the thought of having it gone for further 7 weeks only got it back last week so please help

many thanx

neil foster

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mick2011
New

Hi Neil, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

That sort of error message usually indicates an internal fault and may need to be returned to the repair centre :slight_frown:

You could try removing the battery for a while, as I think that error relates to power supply to some servos in the lens housing. Interestingly, some users have reported remedying this problem by hitting the camera gently on the side. I'm not recommending you do this... but it may work.

Hopefully removing and re-inserting the battery will do the trick.

Cheers

Mick

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Mick2011
New

Hi Neil, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

That sort of error message usually indicates an internal fault and may need to be returned to the repair centre :slight_frown:

You could try removing the battery for a while, as I think that error relates to power supply to some servos in the lens housing. Interestingly, some users have reported remedying this problem by hitting the camera gently on the side. I'm not recommending you do this... but it may work.

Hopefully removing and re-inserting the battery will do the trick.

Cheers

Mick

profile.country.de_DE.title
cybershot2121
New

Hi,

the same thing happened to my Sony DSC HX 20v - E 6210 kept blinking after it was returned from repair.

I took out the battery for a few hours, but that didn-t help.

Then I cleaned the contacts on the battery and voilá - E 6210 had disappeared !

Message was edited by: cybershot2121

Mick2011
New

Hey, thanks for that bit of good news :cool:

Cleaning contacts is one of the things I often suggest as causing of a variety of malfunctions but it's quite rare that it actually turns out to be the source of the problem... and it's encouraging to know it sometimes works!

Cheers

Mick

profile.country.US.title
sony.e.62.10
Contributor

Hello,

Unfortunately this is a problem thousands of users are experiencing using Sony camera's. Take a look at http://sony-e-62-10.atspace.cc. A temporary solution is available at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S53D3EfDVk0.