Join now - be part of our community!

For all those who failed to install [the update of] PlayMemories

For all those who failed to install [the update of] PlayMemories

Having trouble updating the PlayMemories 'Lite' to the fullblown version?

Found the ultimate solution: do NOT let the updater install DirectX during the updater question fase!! One way or the other the wrong -Japanese??- versions are overwriting the ones in your system.

But as you wouldn't be reading this if you at least tried the "complete" install once, you will be interested to know how to get rid of your by now faulty DirectX - files.

Simply download the complete DirextX install files from Microsoft Iin the laguage of your system and the version belonging to your particular windows [read for instance: http://search.microsoft.com/en-us/DownloadResults.aspx?q=directX].

After downloading and installing [it took me 3 attempts before the installer completed the process!] [no restart] I started the update [PMHOME_2003DL.EXE], skipping the MS 'popup' to install their DirectX-version and voilà all went as it should: the updated Play Memoires works like a charm.

Watch out: the DirectX-installer installs by default the BingBar [that desperate they are at MS by now ;)] You have to uncheck if not interested..

I still find it disconcerting that a big concern like Sony don't seem to be interested to support their software -software that installs itself upon connecting to your computer- and keeps on pointing to the enduser as the culprit, like any cheap shopkeeper does.

0 REPLIES 0