Join now - be part of our community!

GPS-CS3KA How to use in RAW files

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Gerard_5819
Visitor

GPS-CS3KA How to use in RAW files

I have a Sony GPS-CS3KA that I want to carry on using with my new Sony RX-100 camera that I have set to RAW; however, I cannot seem to tag these files as I could do with my old Sony camera on jpeg. I try using the RAW + Jpeg; however, it only seems to work on Jpeg on its own. What the point in having RAW on a camera like the RX-100 if I you cannot Geotag the files with the Sony GPS-CS3KA. Is there a fix for this coming from Sony?

Gerard.

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mick2011
New

Hi Gerard :slight_smile:

I was hoping someone who had used this unit would reply, as I've never tried it. I do know it's not intended for use with raw files and will only directly work with jpegs.

I did however come across this article which suggests it's possible to sync your camera timestamp with the GPS and convert the .xml file it creates to marry together in an appropriate image editor. I know we've talked about you getting something like Lightroom and that would be ideal for the task.

Cheers

Mick

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Gerard_5819
Visitor

How are you trying to get the GPS track data onto the raw file?”

I take the card out of the camera and insert it into the GPS-CS3KA. You then go through a setup and when finished your camera card has your Geotag transferred onto it. My camera card for my new Sony RX-100 is the same card I had in my last Sony camera. On the new RAW files, it does not seem to work. What should I do to get it to work?

Gerard.

Mick2011
New

Hi Gerard :slight_smile:

I was hoping someone who had used this unit would reply, as I've never tried it. I do know it's not intended for use with raw files and will only directly work with jpegs.

I did however come across this article which suggests it's possible to sync your camera timestamp with the GPS and convert the .xml file it creates to marry together in an appropriate image editor. I know we've talked about you getting something like Lightroom and that would be ideal for the task.

Cheers

Mick

Gerard_5819
Visitor

Thanks Mick,

Mick2011
New

You're welcome Gerard, hope you get something worked out.

Mick