Join now - be part of our community!

GPS Support Tool - DSC-HX90V

arabist
New

GPS Support Tool - DSC-HX90V

Hi all,

I have a DSC-HX90V and have been told I have to update the GPS help information once a month.

To do this I connect the camera to the PC, open PlayMemeries Home and choose GPS Support Tool and choose Update.

This worked fine until I upgraded Windows from win7 to win10.

Now the GPS Support app can't find the drive and tell in a dropbox: 'Can you find a drive.'

But there are no other options in the drop box than the above text.

Still PM shows the camera and local disc and has no problem to import media files.

To try to solve the issue I today updated PM to latest version, ver. 5.2.01.0624, but it didn't help.

Do anyone know hwat to do?

I would appreciate any suggestions :slight_smile:

a frustrated pensioner

3 REPLIES 3
MartyTX
New

I found this solution that bypasses PlayMemories Home and records the data directly to your SD memory card:

Download file "assistme.dat" from address: http://control.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/GPS/assistme.dat

and save it to your computer.

Don't connect your DSC-HX90V to your computer. Instead, remove the SD card and insert it into your computer's SD card slot.

Copy "assistme.dat" onto the SD card to the following directory: Private/SONY/GPS/

If the directory does not already exist you have to create it.

If an old version of "assistme.dat" is already on the SD card, delete it and install new version.

MartyTX

PS: Have had my HX90V for only a few days and love it!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi MartyTX,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..

Thank you for posting a possible workaround for @arabist GPS issue..:smileythumbsup:

MartyTX
New

Hello Thalamus,

Thank you for the welcome to the Forum. I plan to visit here regularly.

No reply from OP, so don't know about outcome of workaround.

However, I have a question for you. From PlayMemories Home:

"GPS assist data will be updated to reduce the time required for GPS measurement."

Which time is reduced:

- the time the camera needs for GPS measurement when the photo is shot, or

- the time PlayMemories Home needs to interpret the GPS data and display the location in Map View?