Join now - be part of our community!

Help transferring videos to computer, DSC-TX10

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
LibbyK
Visitor

Help transferring videos to computer, DSC-TX10

I'm trying to transfer a video from my sony cybershot DSC-TX10 to my laptop. I can't use the cd that came with the porduct as it does not support pre Windows XP OS.

Previous cybershot cameras have allowed me to access photos and videos by going to the removable disk-> DCIM file -> 100MSDCF file and copying photos/videos from here to a file on my computer. On this camera no videos show up, only photos and some ".MPO" files that my computer can't read.

PLEASE HELP!!

Message was edited by: LibbyK

Message was edited by: LibbyK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello LibbyK - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

As mentioned above, I also usually recommend using a USB memory card reader (or in some cases there is a reader built in) and then you can navigate to the memory stick and when using the standard Windows search, you can request that it displays all image/video files - regardless of their exact location within the memory stick.

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
scav242
Explorer

i would suggest using a Media Reader Card that take sony memory sticks, that if you've go one.

sorry misread your query if you can access the memory stick on your computer the videos should be in a folder named MP_ROOT i.e Removable Disk-> MP_ROOT-> 101MV01

Message was edited by: scav242

Message was edited by: scav242

LibbyK
Visitor

Within the MP_ROOT file I only have one folder called "100ANV01" ... and there's nothing in it :slight_frown:

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello LibbyK - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

As mentioned above, I also usually recommend using a USB memory card reader (or in some cases there is a reader built in) and then you can navigate to the memory stick and when using the standard Windows search, you can request that it displays all image/video files - regardless of their exact location within the memory stick.

Thanks,

Simon