Join now - be part of our community!

How can I update PMB?

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
SteveF48
New

How can I update PMB?

PMB 5.6.02.06270 came with my camera. It says that it cannot connect to the update server, though as you can see my ADSL connection to the internet works with my browser and most other software.

When I tried to down;load an update to version 5.8 from the Sony website a small program downloaded.

Running this program called PMB56_Updater1105a fails with a similar message. It runs for a while, then aborts.

This is probably a waste of time, PMB isn't that great, but does anyone know how to actually update it to 5.8?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
SteveF48
New

I don't think it's relevant, but I have a DSC-HX5V.

The program downloaded when I followed the link on the support page.

The problem occurs everytime I run the program, it verifies the information necessary for the download; starts to download the 196.6mb file, then loses the connection to the server.

Well I'm blowed at the third attempt this morning the download completed successfully. Sony's server just could not cope with the number of people trying to download PMB:smileywink:

Message was edited by: SteveF48

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Where are you trying to download the update from?

You don't say what camera you have but there is an Update link on the Support page for your camera.  Here is the Support page for the W100 as an example - look under the 'Downloads' Tab.: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/DSC-W100/updates

However, it sounds to me that there may have been a problem with the download sever when you tried to download PMB56_Updater1105a.exe and it may be worth downloading it again.

I presume you are signed on with Administrator rights and you do not have PMB open when running the updater?

:thinking:

profile.country.GB.title
SteveF48
New

I don't think it's relevant, but I have a DSC-HX5V.

The program downloaded when I followed the link on the support page.

The problem occurs everytime I run the program, it verifies the information necessary for the download; starts to download the 196.6mb file, then loses the connection to the server.

Well I'm blowed at the third attempt this morning the download completed successfully. Sony's server just could not cope with the number of people trying to download PMB:smileywink: