Join now - be part of our community!

How to switch on RAW on ZV-1

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
EM1987
New

How to switch on RAW on ZV-1

I have recently bought the Sony ZV-1 vlogging camera, which I will use mostly to record video, but would also like to take photos with occasionally. I am an experienced photo editor and want to shoot RAW images. I know the ZV-1 has the capability to shoot RAW images, but for some reason, I can't seem to access that feature. When I go to the Quality / Image Size 1 menu and from there to 'File Format', the only choice I'm given is JPEG. When I try to change this, I get the following message: 'This operation or setting not available as follows: Shoot Mode Aperture Priority.' I get the same message when I set shoot mode to Manual. Does this mean I can't shoot RAW when shooting in Manual or Aperture Priority mode? That seems really strange to me...

Does anyone know which setting might be preventing me from accessing the File Format menu?

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
EM1987
New

Never mind. I just found the answer. Apparently, I needed to select the right shooting mode in the 'Mode' menu rather than in the 'Image' menu. I selected 'Aperture Priority' in the Mode menu, and now I can select RAW in the File Format menu...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
EM1987
New

Never mind. I just found the answer. Apparently, I needed to select the right shooting mode in the 'Mode' menu rather than in the 'Image' menu. I selected 'Aperture Priority' in the Mode menu, and now I can select RAW in the File Format menu...