Join now - be part of our community!

HX-20V Firmware & performance: not good!

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Old_Taoist
Visitor

HX-20V Firmware & performance: not good!

Having only just purchased the HX-20v a day ago, initially impressed by the video quality for such a small sensor (1/2.3 = the smallest and cheapest) I am becoming rather disapointed after closer examination. Images do seem undeexposed. Not only that, the camera tends to make the less contrasted areas look really badly "fuzzy"; e.g. shoot a person or animal and look at the edges at 100% - it looks far worse than the 6 or so year old 10 Mp Lumix FX35 that I was replacing!

* Firmware needs serious update if this will fix the problem

* also needs to fix lack of ability to turn off that annoying "image processing & preview" feature,

* plus allow more options over Sharpness Control - like 1 to 5 steps.

Any chances very quick reply?

If no chance then I may as well get my money back as I was also tempted by a Fuji camera that didn't have these sort of issues and was better priced.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

I have replied to all three of your current threads on the main post (the ABC list).

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Mike :slight_smile:

You will see that I have made a comment about this on the other thread. Basically, it would be great if you could take a video clip where you notice that this is happening and then post it to YouTube. If you then cut and paste the video upload link here (or on the other message) I could take a look at it.

Thanks,

Simon

Message was edited by: blaireau_photo

Old_Taoist
Visitor

Hello Simon

Thanks for answering but...

It's not the "video", as I said, "images look underexposed".

This isparticularly true of anything which has the slightest movement to it. The camera does not make the edge of a person or bird, etcetera, look sharp but makes it look "fuzzy" instead. Quite awful and unacceptable in fact.

After noticing this myself I spent hourse trawling the reviews and found one where they had seen it too; and one picture of a man going up stairs at a London train station where you can see the "fuzzies" for yourself.

Also as stated :

* Firmware needs serious update if this will fix the problem

* also needs to fix lack of ability to turn off that annoying "image processing & preview" feature,

* plus allow more options over Sharpness Control - like 1 to 5 steps.

HX20V is definitely not up to the job of taking good "stills, in my opinion. The video is acceptable but the menu, the stills and the firmware is really unacceptabel, low quality and not worth paying £250 for; more like a cheapo "snapper" about £50 value in my mind!

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

I have replied to all three of your current threads on the main post (the ABC list).

Thanks,

Simon