Join now - be part of our community!

HX5V and Mapview

profile.country.en_IE.title
Mattyhg
Visitor

HX5V and Mapview

Hi All,

When I rum the PMB Launcher and drag photos into mapview, nothing happens. I get all the photos lined up on the left but the main box is blank. I'm running Firefox 5.0 and Google Earth 6.something.

Does mapview work with Firefox?

Thanks

Matt

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Mattyhg - welcome to the Sony forums!

It is well documented online that there have been issues with Firefox in this area - whether it improves with further releases of Firefox remains to be seen.

As we haven't seen any other input to your question for a few days, I have highlighted your question to technical support and we shall see if they have any further ideas.

Thanks

Simon

profile.country.en_IE.title
Mattyhg
Visitor

Hi Simon,

Thanks for that. If mapview does not work with firefox, how do I get it to open automatically with IE or Chrome?

Matt

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hi again Mattyhg,

I would suggest making Chrome or Internet Explorer the default browser in general on your PC for this purpose.

Thanks

Simon

badgerme
Visitor

Have you tried using the Firefox add-on IE Tab +

IE Tab + is a Firefox extension which enables you to use the embedded IE  engine within tabs of Mozilla Firefox. It is not only a great tool for  web developers, but also an useful tool for normal users,  since you can easily switch to IE in TAB VIEW when you meet incorrectly  rendered web pages in Firefox.

More info here: http://coralietab.mozdev.org/ or in Firefox go to Tools / Add-ons then search for IE Tab