Join now - be part of our community!

Imaging Edge & Apple devices

profile.country.GB.title
chieflx
Explorer

Imaging Edge & Apple devices

Hi,

I wonder if any knowledgeable person might be able to help. I have a DSC-HX400V camera and would like use the Imaging Edge software to transfer my photos to either my iPad or my iPhone. I did manage to get it work once successfully but since then it won’t find the network.  I have tried resetting everything but I seem to have made things a lot worse. 
How do I edit the camera information on my iPad so the SSID & password match that of the camera? Also how do I get it to work every time?

If I was to go into my local Apple Store would one of their experts be able to help? I live about 2 hours from a store and don’t want to make an unnecessary trip.

I would appreciate any help/advice anyone has to offer.

Many thanks in advance,

Rob 

[Edited for Privacy]

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Maybe this post is helpfull for you.

If you don't succeed, come back and ask again.

Other option:

SSID can be found on the camera by displaying a picture, then push Fn button.

On the screen SSID + password is displayed.

Next go IPad, open settings and find WiFi

There you will find the hotspot (WiFi) created by you HX400V

Tap on it and fill in the information displayed on the camera.

Ever after Imaging Edge Mobile and your HX400V won't have trouble connecting anymore.

profile.country.GB.title
chieflx
Explorer

Hi Strampke,

Thanks for the help, unfortunately it doesn’t seem to work. Firstly I can’t see how to change the information on the iPad although on the iPhone it does ask for the password. 

I have tried entering the password and having the iPhone next to the camera to upload a photo. The camera is trying to Access but I keep getting a message on the iPhone saying  

‘unable to join the DIRECT-9dc2:DCS-HX400V’ 

I have triple checked the password but still no joy. On the phone next to the hotspot name is a blue tick but the words ‘no internet connection’ is written in red under the name.

Should the SSID & Password on the camera be the same my sky router or should the camera and iPhone/iPad create its own network using the assigned numbers generated by the camera?

Sorry if I sound a bit thick, just not use to/sure how to pair these things up.

once again thank you for your help.

Regards,

Rob

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

On the phone next to the hotspot name is a blue tick but the words ‘no internet connection’ is written in red under the name.

That is correct.

The password is displayed on the camera screen right below DIRECT-9dc2:DCS-HX400V.

The camera creates a network on which you can login from your iThing and it should say 'No internet Connection'

So that part is OK.

What about the other suggestion from the link to install Intelligent Remote Control, which will present a nice QR code to be able to connect as if by magic.