Join now - be part of our community!

Imaging Edge Webcam on Mac with RX100M4

profile.country.GB.title
pb.981

Imaging Edge Webcam on Mac with RX100M4

Hello,

I thought I would share my experience with this software, and ask if anyone else has the same results.

The software seemed to install ok on MacOS 10.15. I was then expecting a new item to appear in Applications alongside Remote, Edit and Viewer, but nothing shows. However, that doesn't mean it didn't work. I connected my RX100M4, followed the instructions and tried to use it with the Zoom app, but it didn't work with that. The FAQ suggests that not all video calling apps are compatible so I tried it with Google Meet (web based) and it worked. I then tried it with Zoom on the web, declining to use the app, and it did work with that.

I was hoping to be able to change the aspect ratio but that doesn't seem possible. Also to use the camera in portrait mode, but the picture turns sideways and cannot be rotated. I don't know much about video, so maybe that is my lack of knowledge. Does anyone know if these things can be fixed?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

I think that it could be possible - in principle.

I'll pass your feedback to the engineers. Maybe they find a way to implement in future versions.

Cheers

Peter