cant copy or import pictures from camera to computer

parameter is incorrect DSC 05 192

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello,

I have advised a few people in your situation to invest in a memory card reader which is capable of reading Sony format memory sticks. These can be found for £5 - £10 including this one.

I know that this may not be the ideal solution but I have seen people spend a reasonable amount of time trying to get their current setups to import photos when a solution like a card reader can save a lot of time and, more importantly, frustration :slight_smile: Also, you will have a product that can read a wider variety of memory cards and like all card readers, it is portable and can read any file type so this will be something that you can use with a large vareity of devices.

Hope this helps,

Simon

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi deanclivewalton,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

What model camera you have, hopefully once you let us know someone from the community may be able to help..:smileywink:

Also how are you trying to import photo's to your PC..:smileyconfused:

deanclivewalton
Visitor

make.. sony sybershot  dsc-w80

how,,,with the disc that came with the camera

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello,

I have advised a few people in your situation to invest in a memory card reader which is capable of reading Sony format memory sticks. These can be found for £5 - £10 including this one.

I know that this may not be the ideal solution but I have seen people spend a reasonable amount of time trying to get their current setups to import photos when a solution like a card reader can save a lot of time and, more importantly, frustration :slight_smile: Also, you will have a product that can read a wider variety of memory cards and like all card readers, it is portable and can read any file type so this will be something that you can use with a large vareity of devices.

Hope this helps,

Simon

deanclivewalton
Visitor

i purchased 1 and it worked thank you very much

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Excellent news - you're very welcome :slight_smile: