Join now - be part of our community!

jerky Playmemories.

profile.country.GB.title
Workshy1
Explorer

jerky Playmemories.

Hi all, I have put a couple of 4K videos from my RX10 4 onto playmemories...which plays back but not smoothly. Jerky, and I know many have had this issue though I am not sure why I would as I have a good system, El Capitan, (2015), with loads of memory, but also they seem to play fine on iMovie.

I have recorded at 50fps, though i cannot see what the playback speed is on the editing programmes. 

Any ideas?

Many thanks

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi Mark, good to hear from you :slight_smile:

I haven't seen many complaints about Playmemories playback issues on the Mac on here. It's possible it's a system memory issue, if you have iMovie (and other memory-hungry apps) running at the same time. Try running it on its own and see if it's any smoother.

That said, other users may have experienced a similar issue and can offer some suggestions...

Mick

profile.country.GB.title
Workshy1
Explorer

Thanks Mick, I tried running PM with just Chrome in the background, (had Safari issues a while back), and the videos are better it seems, some worse than others.  Strange though, the moving cursor at the bottom of the video looks to be moving much more 'jerkily' than the picturer itself. 

Regards

Mark