Join now - be part of our community!

My sony hx20v dust inside lens...

SOLVED
profile.country.ro_RO.title
halflife2000
Visitor

My sony hx20v dust inside lens...

Hello,im a pleased owner of the new sony hx20v ,magnific camera, I bought it 2 month ago from a local dealear in romania.So the camera is amazing especially on auto mode inteligent+ but a few day ago i notice 2 spots in the low left of the screen and i realized after i closer inspection that there are a few dust particles in the lens system.. a big problem as i know, my experience is over 5 years in this field(dslr and others camera).the spots are also visible in photos and movies, more at high zoom ranges.

The camera is under warranty(has 2 years) was bought in 6.2012 , so if i send it to a sony center they will clean it inside or they will change it with a new one?

The other question is : the little button wich is placed near the base of the lens system(the one wich looks like a dslr lens remover) have any function or is just for design.

And if anyone can post here a service manual for this camera!!!

Thanks .

10 REPLIES 10
razor38
Explorer

I did it via the website:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/repair

Mine was still within warranty however these was a doubt as they say dust isn't covered under warranty. However it was repaired, as detailed in my post above