Join now - be part of our community!

Network error

profile.country.GB.title
Peasjay
Explorer

Network error

Hi guys I've just bought a dsc hx60v, and ever time I try to sign into the play memories app, I get a connot connect to server,please check date and time and network settings, can anyone help me out here,this is so frustrating, i have reset the wifi, checked the date and time settings and every other thing i can think of but it just wont sign in ,many thanks pete.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @Peasjay and welcome to the community :slight_smile:

Have you seen this item on the Support pages: Error: Area/Date/Time is displayed when accessing the PlayMemories Camera Apps ?

You mentioned that you have checked the date and time settings - did this include checking the date format too (as detailed in the above link)?

Cheers,

Cass

profile.country.GB.title
Peasjay
Explorer

Thank for the reply, and yes I checked ,the date,day,month and the year. I also tried different day month day combinations, still no luck thanks pete

profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Thanks @Peasjay. I recommend getting in touch with Support (details here).

profile.country.GB.title
Peasjay
Explorer

Hi Cass  still no luck with the error, si took your advice and phoned sony, they have updated my problem and I'm waiting for them to get back to me, the error only seems to appear when I am trying ti sign in to the sony entertainment site. Just keeps saying cannot connect to server check network settings. I have checked the area, the time, the day and I've tried it in all 4 variations of the date format. No luck. I can't even get it to connect the sony playmakers app on my computer, don't figure, I'm quite stumped by this. I'm a bit disappointed too, I've paid a lot of money for this camera and it's already giving me a headache and taking all the enjoyment I was to get com it. Rant over, any help or thoughts would be welcomed. Pete. 

profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @Peasjay,

I'm afraid I don't have any further suggestions for you - although perhaps another member of the community might do?  Hopefully Support will be able to resolve this for you once you hear back from them. 

Cheers,

Cass