Join now - be part of our community!

PlayMemories does not work on macOS Catalina

PlayMemories does not work on macOS Catalina

Hi

I have just bought a DSC-HX90V and am on Catalina 10.15.6 , but discovered "If you update macOS to 10.15, you will not be able to use PlayMemories Home anymore." on:

http://support.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/www/disoft/int/playmemories-home/en/index.html 

Are there any plans to update PlayMemories anytime very soon, or is there an alternative way to download photos to my computer, or should I just return the camera and get something that isn't a Sony? It seems ridiculous for Sony not to have upgraded their app for Mac users.

Any thoughts or advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Camera2020,

you can manually copy the images from your camera by connecting it via USB or by taking the SD card out and putting it into a card reader.

There the photos are stored in the "DCIM" directory.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
cheddarman

That's a typical Sony reply when something doesn't work as it should, don't use it!! Yes we all know that one can take the SD card out of the camera or hard wire the camera to the computer but this Play Memories is supposed to get around this - but it doesn't!!! I have never been able to get the Play Memories to work on MBPO running Mojave either, never has!!

profile.country.GB.title
robju4374
New

Hi yes I have bought a new Mac book using Catalina unable to wireless send my photos to a computer on a  MacBook I could do it on my old MacBook it is riddiculous that you have not updated play memories I payed a lot of money for my camera and very disappointed that I can't use a program with my new MacBook do you have any plans to update this

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @cheddarman,

what do you mean by 

@cheddarman  schrieb:

That's a typical Sony reply

I don't work for Sony, it is a tip from me as a workaround.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
cheddarman

Sorry IamNic, from that reply I assumed you did!!🤣🤣 

As I said, we all know how to remove the SD card and plug that into the computer as well as hard wiring the camera to a computer but Sony have created a program so that we don't have to do either of those, we can simply "connect" the camera to our computers via our WiFi network but IT DOESN'T WORK!

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @cheddarman,

can you use the successor 'Imaging Edge' for that? Not sure about its set of features, but it's worth a try in my opinion.

- Nic